A visit to Dalhousie may just be what you want to break free from the monotonous routine and get a little closer to nature. There are many popular places of local sightseeing in Dalhousie which will definitely make your journey worth the visit. Here you get to experience everything from lake visit to the wildlife sanctuary and other sightseeing locations. Indulge in different activities when in Dalhousie, trekking, river rafting, and nature walk. Let us guide you about the best places to visit in Dalhousie.
Get to know about the Top places for local sightseeing in Dalhousie
Here is a look at some of the best locations for you to visit in the city of Dalhousie:
- Khajjar: Present at an altitude of about 6500 meters, the town of Khajjar is popularly called “The Mini Switzerland of India.” The lakes, forests, golf course and the pastures make it a mesmerizing location and leave an ever-lasting impression on the minds of the travelers. A host of activities including horse riding, trekking, paragliding are also popular in the area. Best is to visit this area during the spring and autumn months as its closed during the winter months due to snowfall.
- Kalatop wildlife sanctuary: The wildlife sanctuary boasts a large variety of fauna and flora. The sanctuary is spread throughout the area of 30.62 square kilometers. It is home to 120 species of birds including Eurasian Jay, Khalij pheasant and many more. Tourists can also find animals like the mountain cats, jackals, Himalayan black bear, black marten and many others here. It is surrounded on all sides by majestic hills that give way to a gorgeous landscape.
- Panch Pulla: Five bridges, the exact meaning of Panch Pulla. This is a waterfall and owes its name to the presence of five streams of water which come together, originating from Dain Kund. Those who love nature walks will definitely love this place. You can also enjoy some adventurous activities like trekking alongside the breath-taking view. The peaceful and serene climate along with the gushing water makes it the perfect ambient to enjoy local snacks at small eateries and sip tea and coffee.
- Dainkund peak: The Dainkund Peak is the highest peak situated at a height of about 2755 meters above the sea level. From the top, you can definitely enjoy an enchanting view of the forest, hills, and rivers. This is the perfect place to set up a bonfire and commence camping activities if you are traveling with a large group of friends and family.
- Satdhara falls: One of the most popular places to visit in Dalhousie is the Satdhara falls. Situated within the Chamba Valley, you can enjoy the fantastic view of the snow clad mountains. Locals believe the water of the waterfall has mica which has therapeutic properties. The pleasant ambiance of the place and its natural beauty is sure to leave memories that you will cherish throughout life.
These places make Dalhousie a popular tourist destination. The scenic beauty of the city is enchanting and leave the travelers wanting for more.